PLANET GS-5220-8UP2T2X L3 8-Port 10/100/1000T 802.3bt PoE + 2-Port 10/100/1000T + 2-Port 10G SFP+ Managed Switch
PLANET GS-5220-8UP2T2X Layer 3 Managed Gigabit Switch supports both IPv4 and IPv6 protocols and Layer 3 OSPFv2 dynamic routing and static routing, and provides 8 10/100/1000BASE-T ports featuring 95-watt 802.3bt PoE++, 2 additional Gigabit copper ports and another 2 extra 1/10 Gigabit BASE-X SFP+ fiber slots. Each of the eight Gigabit ports provides 95 watts of power, with a total power budget of up to 240 watts for the different types of PoE applications being employed. It provides a quick, safe and cost-effective Power over Ethernet network solution to IP security surveillance for small businesses and enterprises.
GS-5220-8UP2T2X - PLANET L3 8-Port 10/100/1000T 802.3bt PoE + 2-Port 10/100/1000T + 2-Port 10G SFP+ Managed Switch
95 Watts of Power over 4-pair UTP
Adopting the IEEE 802.3bt standard, instead of delivering power over 2-pair twisted UTP – be it end-span (Pins 1, 2, 3 and 6) or mid-span (Pins 4, 5, 7 and 8), the GS-5220-8UP2TX 802.3bt PoE++ switch provides the capability to source up to 95 watts of power by using all the four pairs of standard Cat. 5e/6 Ethernet cabling. In the new 4-pair system, two PSE controllers will be used to power both the data pairs and the spare pairs. It can offer more PoE applications, such as:
- PoE lighting
- PoE PTZ speed dome camera
- Any network device that needs higher PoE power to work normally
- AIO (All-in-One) touch PC
- Remote digital signage display
Redundant Ring, Fast Recovery for Critical Network Applications
The GS-5220-8UP2T2X supports redundant ring technology and features strong, rapid self-recovery capability to prevent interruptions and external intrusions. It incorporates advanced ITU-T G.8032 ERPS (Ethernet Ring Protection Switching) technology and Spanning Tree Protocol (802.1w RSTP) into customer’s network to enhance system reliability and uptime in harsh environments. In a certain simple Ring network, the recovery time could be less than 10ms to quickly bring the network back to normal operation.
Cybersecurity Network Solution to Minimize Security Risks
The cybersecurity feature that virtually needs no effort and cost to have includes the protection of the switch management and the enhanced security of the mission-critical network. Both SSH and TLS protocols are utilized to provide strong protection against advanced threats.
Flexible and Extendable 10Gb Ethernet Solution
10G Ethernet is a big leap in the evolution of Ethernet. Each of the 10G SFP+ slots in the GS-5220-8UP2T2X supports dual speed and 10GBASE-SR/LR or 1000BASE-SX/LX. With its 2-port,10G Ethernet link capability, the administrator now can flexibly choose the suitable SFP/SFP+ transceiver according to the transmission distance or the transmission speed required to extend the network efficiently. The GS-5220-8UP2T2X provides broad bandwidth and powerful processing capacity.
Built-in Unique PoE Functions for Surveillance Management
As a managed PoE Switch for surveillance network, the GS-5220-8UP2T2X features the following intelligent PoE management functions:
- PD Alive Check
- Scheduled Power Recycling
- PoE Schedule
- PoE Usage Monitoring
- PoE Extension
Intelligent Powered Device Alive Check
The GS-5220-8UP2T2X can be configured to monitor a connected PD status in real time via ping action. Once the PD stops working and it is without response, the GS-5220-8UP2T2X will resume the PoE port power and bring the PD back to work. It will greatly enhance the network reliability through the PoE port resetting the PD’s power source, thus reducing administrator management burden.
Scheduled Power Recycling
The GS-5220-8UP2T2X allows each of the connected PDs to reboot at a specified time each week. Therefore, it will reduce the chance of PD crash resulting from buffer overflow.
PoE Schedule for Energy Saving
Besides being used for IP surveillance, the GS-5220-8UP2T2X is certainly applicable to build any PoE network including VoIP and wireless LAN. Under the trend of energy saving worldwide and contributing to the environmental protection on the Earth, the GS-5220-8UP2T2X can effectively control the power supply besides its capability of giving high watts power. The “PoE schedule” function helps you to enable or disable PoE power feeding for each PoE port during specified time intervals and it is a powerful function to help SMBs and enterprises save energy and budget.
PoE Usage Monitoring
Via the power usage chart in the web management interface, the GS-5220-8UP2T2X enables the administrator to monitor the status of the power usage of the connected PDs in real time. Thus, it greatly enhances the management efficiency of the facilities.
802.3bt PoE++ Power and Ethernet Data Transmission Distance Extension
In the “Extend” operation mode, the GS-5220-8UP2T2X operates on a per-port basis at 10Mbps duplex operation but can support 95-watt PoE power output over a distance of up to 250 meters overcoming the 100m limit on Ethernet UTP cable. With this brand-new feature, the GS-5220-8UP2T2X provides an additional solution for 802.3at/af PoE distance extension, thus saving the cost of Ethernet cable installation.
SMTP/SNMP Trap Event Alert
Though most NVR or camera management software offers SMTP email alert function, the GS-5220-8UP2T2X further provides event alert function to help to diagnose the abnormal device owing to whether or not there is a break of the network connection, loss of PoE power or the rebooting response by the PD Alive Check process.
Convenient and Smart ONVIF Devices with Detection Feature
PLANET has newly developed an awesome feature -- ONVIF Support -- which is specifically designed for co-operating with Video IP Surveillances. From the GS-5220-8UP2T2X GUI, you just need one click to search and show all of the ONVIF devices via network application. In addition, you can upload floor images to the switch and remotely monitor what is going on in the production line. Moreover, you can get real-time surveillance’s information and online/offline status, and can have PoE reboot control from GUI.
Solution for IPv6 Networking
With the support for IPv6/IPv4 protocol, and easy and friendly management interfaces, the GS-5220-8UP2T2X is the best choice for IP surveillance, VoIP and wireless service providers to connect with the IPv6 network. It also helps SMBs to step in the IPv6 era with the lowest investment and without having to replace the network facilities even though ISPs establish the IPv6 FTTx edge network.
Layer 3 Routing Support
The GS-5220-8UP2T2X enables the administrator to conveniently boost network efficiency by configuring Layer 3 IPv4/IPv6 VLAN static routing manually, and the OSPFv2 (Open Shortest Path First) settings automatically. The OSPF is an interior dynamic routing protocol for autonomous system based on link state. The protocol creates a database for link state by exchanging link states among Layer3 switches, and then uses the Shortest Path First algorithm to generate a route table based on that database.
Robust Layer2 Features
The GS-5220-8UP2T2X can be programmed for advanced switch management function, such as dynamic port link aggregation, Q-in-Q VLAN, Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP), Layer 2/4 QoS, bandwidth control and IGMP/MLD snooping. The GS-5220-8UP2T2X allows the operation of a high-speed trunk combining multiple ports. Supporting 6 trunk groups, it enables a maximum of up to 8 ports per trunk and supports connection fail-over as well.
The GS-5220-8UP2T2X offers comprehensive layer 2 to layer 4 access control list (ACL) for enforcing security to the edge. It can be used to restrict network access by denying packets based on source and destination IP address, TCP/UDP port number or defined typical network applications. Its protection mechanism also comprises 802.1x Port-based and MAC-based user and device authentication. With the private VLAN function, communication between edge ports can be prevented to ensure user privacy.
Enhanced Security and Traffic Control
The GS-5220-8UP2T2X also provides DHCP Snooping, IP Source Guard and Dynamic ARP Inspection functions to prevent IP snooping from attack and discard ARP packets with invalid MAC address. The network administrator can now build highly-secure corporate networks with considerably less time and effort than before.
User-friendly Secure Management
For efficient management, the GS-5220-8UP2T2X is equipped with console, web and SNMP management interfaces. With the built-in web-based management interface, theGS-5220-8UP2T2X offers an easy-to-use, platform independent management and configuration facility. The GS-5220-8UP2T2X supports SNMP and it can be managed via any management software based on the standard SNMP v1 and v2 protocols. For reducing product learning time, the GS-5220-8UP2T2X offers Cisco-like command via Telnet or console port and customer doesn’t need to learn new command from these switches. Moreover, the GS-5220-8UP2T2X offers remote secure management by supporting SSH, TLS and SNMPv3 connection which can encrypt the packet content at each session.
Intelligent SFP Diagnosis Mechanism
The GS-5220-8UP2T2X supports SFP-DDM (Digital Diagnostic Monitor) function that greatly helps network administrator to easily monitor real-time parameters of the SFP transceivers, such as optical output power, optical input power, temperature, laser bias current, and transceiver supply voltage.
Layer 3 VLAN Static Routing and PoE Application
With the built-in robust IPv4/IPv6 Layer 3 traffic routing protocols, the GS-5220-8UP2T2X ensures reliable routing between VLANs and network segments. The routing protocols can be applied by VLAN interface with up to 128 routing entries. The GS-5220-8UP2T2X is certainly a cost-effective and ideal solution for enterprises.
Providing up to 8 Gigabit PoE++ ports and in-line power interface, the GS-5220-8UP2T2X PoE++ Managed Switch can easily build a centrally-controlled power network shared by wireless Gigabit AP, IP phone system, or mega-pixel IP camera system group for the enterprises.
PoE Wi-Fi Hotspot Solution with Extended Network Infrastructure for Public Spaces
The GS-5220-8UP2T2X comes with non-blocking design, desktop size and SFP fiber-optic modules, bringing network infrastructure higher flexibility but lower in cost. Providing eight 10/100/1000BASE-T PoE++ ports, in-line power interfaces and two 10 Gigabit SFP interfaces, the GS-5220-8UP2T2X can easily build a Networking Authentication on Wireless LAN Controllers system for the enterprises. For instance, it can work with the Wireless Controller and RADIUS Server to perform comprehensive security for wireless user authentication with powered APs.
- 8-port 10/100/1000BASE-T with 95W PoE injector
- 2-port 1/10G BASE-X SFP+
- RS-232 RJ45 console interface for switch basic management and setup
Power over Ethernet
- Up to 8 ports of IEEE 802.3af/802.3at/802.3bt devices powered
- Supports PoE Power up to 95 watts for each PoE port
- Auto detects powered device (PD)
- Circuit protection prevents power interference between ports
- Remote power feeding up to 100 meters in standard mode and 250m in extend mode
- PoE Management
- PoE Port Status monitoring
- Over Temperature Protection
- PoE usage threshold
- Temperature threshold
- Per port PoE function enable/disable
- PoE Port Power feeding priority
- Per PoE port power limit
- PD classification detection
- Sequence port PoE
Layer 2 Features
- Prevents packet loss with back pressure (half-duplex) and IEEE 802.3x pause frame flow control (full-duplex)
- High performance of Store-and-Forward architecture and runt/CRC filtering eliminates erroneous packets to optimize the network bandwidth
- Storm Control support
- Broadcast/Multicast/Unknown unicast
- Supports VLAN
- IEEE 802.1Q tagged VLAN
- Up to 255 VLANs groups, out of 4094 VLAN IDs
- Supports provider bridging (VLAN Q-in-Q, IEEE 802.1ad)
- Private VLAN Edge (PVE)
- Protocol-based VLAN
- MAC-based VLAN
- Voice VLAN
- Supports Spanning Tree Protocol
- STP, IEEE 802.1D Spanning Tree Protocol
- RSTP, IEEE 802.1w Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol
- MSTP, IEEE 802.1s Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol, spanning tree by VLAN
- BPDU Guard
- Supports Link Aggregation
- 802.3ad Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP)
- Cisco ether-channel (static trunk)
- Maximum 6 trunk groups, up to 4 ports per trunk group
- Up to 44Gbps bandwidth (full duplex mode)
- Provides port mirror (many-to-1)
- Port mirroring to monitor the incoming or outgoing traffic on a particular port
- Loop protection to avoid broadcast loops
- Supports ERPS (Ethernet Ring Protection Switching)
Layer 3 IP Routing Features
- IP dynamic routing protocol supports OSPFv2
- Routing interface provides per VLAN routing mode
- Supports maximum 128 static routes and route summarization
Quality of Service
- Ingress Shaper and Egress Rate Limit per port bandwidth control
- 8 priority queues on all switch ports
- Traffic classification
- IEEE 802.1p CoS
- TOS/DSCP/IP Precedence of IPv4/IPv6 packets
- IP TCP/UDP port number
- Typical network application
- Strict priority and Weighted Round Robin (WRR) CoS policies
- Supports QoS and In/Out bandwidth control on each port
- Traffic-policing policies on the switch port
- DSCP remarking
- Supports IGMP Snooping v1, v2 and v3
- Supports MLD Snooping v1 and v2
- Querier mode support
- IGMP Snooping port filtering
- MLD Snooping port filtering
- Multicast VLAN Registration (MVR) support
- IEEE 802.1x Port-based/MAC-based network access authentication
- Built-in RADIUS client to co-operate with the RADIUS servers
- TACACS+ login users access authentication
- RADIUS/TACACS+ users access authentication
- Access Control List
- IP-based Access Control List (ACL)
- MAC-based Access Control List
- Source MAC/IP address binding
- DHCP Snooping to filter un-trusted DHCP messages
- Dynamic ARP Inspection discards ARP packets with invalid MAC address to IP address binding
- IP Source Guard prevents IP spoofing attacks
- Auto DoS rule to defend DoS attack
- IP address access management to prevent unauthorized intruder
- IPv4 and IPv6 dual stack management
- Switch Management Interfaces
- Web switch management
- Console/Telnet Command Line Interface
- SNMP v1 and v2c switch management
- SSH/TLS and SNMP v3 secure access
- IPv6 IP Address/NTP/DNS management
- Built-in Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) client
- BOOTP and DHCP for IP address assignment
- System Maintenance
- Firmware upload/download via HTTP/TFTP
- Reset button for system reboot or reset to factory default
- Dual Images
- DHCP Relay
- DHCP Option82
- User Privilege levels control
- NTP (Network Time Protocol)
- Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) and LLDP-MED
- Network Diagnostic
- ICMPv6/ICMPv4 Remote Ping
- Cable Diagnostic technology provides the mechanism to detect and report potential cabling issues
- SMTP/Syslog remote alarm
- Four RMON groups (history, statistics, alarms and events)
- SNMP trap for interface Linkup and Link down notification
- System Log
- PLANET Smart Discovery Utility for deployment management