MikroTik GESP+POE-IN passive PoE injector with surge protection
You can’t buy safety, but you can buy MikroTik devices to keep your setup safe. Take a look at the GESP product line. It consists of a new revision of the classic MikroTik GESP surge protector and a brand new device – the GESP+POE-IN, a passive PoE injector with surge protection. Together these two devices offer maximum security and peace of mind.
Here’s what a typical use-case would be like. You have a mast with some antennas. And some switches on the ground. Put the GESP surge protector up there. It comes sealed inside a new and improved IP67 weatherproof enclosure. Your antennas are now safe during a lightning storm. Now add the GESP+POE-IN injector below the mast - to protect the switches and to power the antennas.
Don’t forget about the grounding wire! Secure it to the rackmount, mast, or any other structure that is connected to the ground. For maximum protection, you should use a surge protector on both ends of long cables.
These small devices can make all the difference when it comes to lightning strikes or static build-up.
The GESP units can usually absorb multiple impacts, but make sure to check their condition after each surge. For attachment of GESP units, we recommend using PVC zip ties. Just don’t make it too tight.You know what they say – hope for the best, prepare for the worst. This small investment can save lots of time and money, so why risk it? Grab a GESP & GESP+POE-IN and put your mind at ease!
GESP+POE-IN - MikroTik passive PoE injector with surge protection
- Interface connections: RJ45 Male/Female Conector
- ESD/EMP protection: Absorbing transient current with response to surge voltage of 100 V/s 1 kV/μs ESD, IEC 61000-4-2, IEC 61000-4-3, IEC 61000-4-4, IEC
- 61643-21, ±8 kV contact, ±15 kV air
- DC spark-over voltage: 75 V @ 100 V/s
- Maximum impulse spark-over voltage: 700 V @ 1 kV/μs
- Discgarge current: 3 kA (8/20μs)
- Minimum insulation resistance: 1 G ohm @ 50V
- Maximum capacitance: 4 pF @ 1 MHz
- Data line protecion: RJ45 10/100/1000 Ethernet
- PoE support: Passive PoE
- IP rating: IP67
- Operating temperature: -40 to 70°C
- Device Type
- Surge Arrester
- Device Features