The GPeR unit allows to extend Ethernet cable by additional hop (< 100 - 150 m to regular network devices, and up to 210 m to another GPeR unit) up to 1,500 m. Handy for highrise buildings, multi-apartment buildings, with many floors and sections, where very long Ethernet cables might be a problem. Maximium allowed length of CAT6 Ethernet cable between GPeR and power source/router is up to 100 m (depending on cable quality, high quality - up to 150 m). Maximium allowed distance of CAT6 Ethernet cable between two GPeR devices is up to 210 m (depending on cable quality).
GPeR - MikroTik Gigabit Passive Ethernet Repeater
PoweringThe device requires power to the Ethernet port:
- Ethernet port accepts passive PoE or 802.3af/at DC 24 - 57 V⎓.
The power consumption under maximum load can reach 2 W.
Connecting to a PoE Adapter:
- Connect the Ethernet cable from the device to the PoE+DATA port of the PoE adapter.
- Connect an Ethernet cable from your local network (LAN) to the PoE adapter.
- Connect the power cord to the adapter, and then plug the power cord into a power outlet.
If the destination device does not support PoE powering, the power passthrough can be disabled manually by removing both jumpers on the "PoE out" side. This will only work if "PoE in" is served by passive PoE source, as 802.3af/at switches will not be able to power the GPeR itself.
* When reattaching jumpers, please note horizontal placement as shown below:
When all four jumpers are connected GPeR works in both directions.
- Connect your desired network cable with power to the PoE in Ethernet port, and extend it through PoE out.
- Connect the cable to the next GPeR unit or the other device.
- Check your final device on the line, for PoE compatibility and use jumpers to manually disable PoE out- if not needed.
The device is designed for use indoors, the IP rating scale for this device is IPX0. It is possible to attach the device to a wall, using the provided screw hole on the mounting bracket of the unit.
Please use waterproof case when using outdoors. https://wisp.net.au/gper-ip67-case.html
Expansion slots and ports
- Two Gigabit Ethernet ports.
The device has two LEDs indicating the active status of each connected Ethernet port.
The package includes the following accessories that come with the device:
- Mounting bracket with screw and dowel.
Product code GPeR 10/100/1000
Ethernet ports 1
Number of 1G
Ethernet ports with PoE-out 1
Max out per port output (input < 30 V) 0.7 A
Max out per port output (input > 30 V) 2 A
Max total out (A) 2 A PoE in 802.3af/at PoE in input
Voltage 24-57 V PoE out 802.3af/at
Tested ambient temperature -40°C to 70°C