ICS-2100T Industrial RS-232 / RS-422 / RS-485 Serial Device Server
Cost-effective Solution for RS232/422/485 Serial-to-Industrial Ethernet Application
PLANET ICS-2100T Serial Device Server is specially designed to convert RS232, RS422 or RS485 serial communication to Industrial Fast Ethernet networking so as to extend the network distance efficiently and inexpensively. There is one 10/100BASE-TX RJ45 port in the ICS-2100T and its operating temperature ranges from -40 to 75 degrees C for your network needs. The ICS-2100T is a time-saving and cost-effective solution for users and system integrators to quickly transform their serial devices into the Ethernet network with no need of replacing the existing serial devices and software system.
ICS-2100 - PLANET Industrial RS-232 / RS-422 / RS-485 Serial Device Server
As the ICS-2100T provides easy serial-to-Ethernet connectivity and connection to a TCP/IP network, the remote network system can thus be managed efficiently via its Web, telnet, and VCOM management interfaces. It supports both application and serial operation modes for alarm or IP address connection, which saves the network administrator’s time in detecting and locating network problems without visual inspection of the cabling and devices. Multiple connection options are available for a large networking environment as well.
Stable Performance under Difficult Environment
The ICS-2100T provides a high level of immunity against electromagnetic interference and heavy electrical surges which are usually found on plant floors or in curbside traffic control cabinets. Its operating temperature ranging from -40 to 75 degrees C allows the ICS-2100T to be placed in almost any difficult environment.
The ICS-2100T, equipped with compact IP30 standard metal case, allows either DIN-rail or wall mounting for efficient use of cabinet space. The ICS-2100T also provides an integrated power supply source with a wide range of voltages (9 to 48V DC / 24V AC) ideally suitable for worldwide operation with high availability applications requiring dual or backup power inputs.
Dual Power Input for High Availability Network System
The ICS-2100T features a strong dual power input system with wide-ranging voltages (9V~48V DC / 24V AC) incorporated into customer’s automation network to enhance system reliability and uptime. In the example below, when Power Supply 1 fails to work, the hardware failover function will be activated automatically to keep powering the ICS-2100T via Power Supply 2 without any break of operation.
Effective Alarm Alert for Better Protection
The ICS-2100T comes with a Fault Alarm feature which can alert the users when there is something wrong with the Serial Device Server. With this ideal feature, the users would not have to waste time finding where the problem is. It will help to save time and human resource. The ICS-2100T provides event alert function to help to diagnose the abnormal device owing to whether or not there is a break of the network connection, or the rebooting response.
Access Control System – Traditional System Application
Most of the enterprises and government use access control plate and Mifare or RFID to authorize entrance identity. Traditionally, the access control machines use RS232 or RS485 serial interface with their cables connecting to login server. By applying the ICS-2100T Serial Device Server, the access control machine is able to extend the network over longer distances via Ethernet interfaces. In addition, the ICS-2100T can be linked to an xDSL router to get the internet access capability so that the access control can be set and monitored over the internet.
To monitor, configure and manage the robotic conveyer including other production machines, PLC (Programmable Logical Control) is required to drive the above manufacturing process. The ICS-2100T can be set to the TCP Server mode and connected to the PLC. Thus, the administrator can configure and set command settings through Fast Ethernet intranet to remotely control the PLC, without having to stand by the I/O machine.
Surveillance Motion Control – Pair Connection Mode
Using pair connection mode via the fiber optic patch cord, the ICS-2100T can extend the distance of the deployed devices via RS232, RS422 and RS485 interfaces, making the remote management of these devices from the monitoring center easier and efficient.
- One RS-232 port and one RS-422/485 port to 10/100Base-TX Media Conversion
- Cost effective solutions of RS-232/ RS-422/ RS-485 for Ethernet applications
- Supports RS-232 with DB9 interface, 4-wire RS-422 or 2-wire RS-485 with terminal block operation
- Asynchronous serial data rates up to 230400bps
- Complies with IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u 10/100Base-TX standard
- Supports auto MDI/MDI-X function on RJ-45 Port for ICS-2100
- Standard TCP/IP interface and versatile operation modes
- Software Protocol supports ARP, ICMP,TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP server, DHCP client, Telnet server/client
- Built-in IP-based Web interface for remote management
- Serial Operation mode selected via Web management
- Pair Connection mode for connecting two serial devices over a network
- PLANET Smart Discovery utility automatically finds the client devices on the network
- Firmware upgrade via HTTP protocol
- LED indicators for easy network diagnostics
- Reset Button on the front panel for resetting to factory default
Industrial Case / Installation:
- IP30 metal case protection
- DIN rail and wall mount design
- 12 to 48V DC, redundant power with polarity reverse protect function and connective removable terminal block
- Supports EFT protection 6000 V DC for power line
- Supports 6000 V DC Ethernet ESD protection
- -10 to 60 degrees C operating temperature
- Device Type
- Media Converter
- Device Features
- Connector Type
- Power Input
- Ethernet Ports
- Environment Temperature